Treat your gut to homemade milk kefir, one of our most probiotic-rich cultures. Drink it up, or enjoy your kefir in smoothies, ice cream, baked goods, and much more.
Each bag contains:
- 1 packet of traditional, heirloom-style milk kefir grains.
Instructions for using this culture are included.
Additional Details about Milk Kefir Grains
- Milk kefir grains are live active cultures consisting of yeast and bacteria existing in a symbiotic relationship. Milk kefir grains need to be rehydrated using pasteurized dairy milk (not raw milk) before regular use. Once milk kefir grains are rehydrated, they can be transitioned to raw milk. Milk kefir grains can be used to culture coconut, soy, or rice milk once rehydrated, but must be rehydrated in dairy milk first. Milk kefir grains require regular refreshing in fresh dairy milk (as soon as the texture changes.)
Shipping and Storage Information:
- Our milk kefir grains are shipped in a dehydrated state in a barrier-sealed packet.
- For best results, store in a cool, dry place and use by the date on the box.
- Freezer storage is not recommended.
Milk Kefir Grains Ingredients
- Organic powdered milk, organic milk, live active cultures.
- Packaged in a small amount of organic powdered milk to extend shelf life.
- This product contains no GMO ingredients.
Milk Kefir Grains Allergen Information
- Manufactured in a facility that also produces products containing soy and dairy.
We test our cultures for the presence of coliform - a bacteria contamination that leads to potential health risks. Safe Food Consumption is Less Than 10/cfu/ml
- Our Milk Kefir Grains Level of Coliform Present: <10 cfu/ml
- Brand One Milk Kefir Grains Level of Coliform Present: 4,400,000 cfu/ml
- Brand Two Milk Kefir Grains Level of Coliform Present: 30 cfu/ml